- Course Content
- Send us a message
What is Magento?
Magento is an open source based ecommerce web application that was launched on March 31, 2008. It was developed by Varien (now Magento Inc) with help from the programmers within the open source community but is owned solely by Magento Inc. HRSS-CDC provides asp.net training according to the current requirement of IT industry. Magento was built using the Zend Framework.
It uses the Entity-attribute-value(EAV) database model to store data. Magento is a very powerful and fast growing ecommerce script, created by Varien. It is an open-source platform using Zend PHP and MySQL databases. Magento offers great flexibility through its modular architecture, is completely scalable and has a wide range of control options that its users appreciate.
Magento is a feature-rich eCommerce platform built on open-source technology that provides online merchants with unprecedented flexibility and control over the look, content and functionality of their eCommerce store. Magento's intuitive administration interface features powerful marketing.
search engine optimization and catalog-management tools to give merchants the power to create sites that are tailored to their unique business needs. Designed to be completely scalable and backed by Varien's support network, Magento offers companies the ultimate eCommerce solution.
Magento is very powerful and yet intuitive when it comes to presenting your products. You can easily create your products catalog and manage it. You can add more than one images for the same product, review the product and allow creating of wish lists. It allows catalog and product browsing, product filtering and product comparison. You can easily add new products, do batch product update, manage your inventory, easily manage orders and shipments, and integrate different payment methods.
Basics of Magento
- General OOP and MVC concepts
- Event-driven architecture
- Magento module-based architecture
- Magento directory structure/naming conventions/code pools/namespaces/module structure
- Configuration XML
- Factory and functional class groups
- Class overrides
- Event observer Page 6 v.021811
- Request Flow
- Application initialization
- Front controller
- URL rewrites
- Request routing
- Modules initialization
- Design and layout initialization
- Structure of block templates
- Flushing data (output)
- Template structure
- Design layout SML schema, CMS content directives
Working with Database in Magneto
- Models resource and collections
- Magneto Object Relational Mapping
- Write, install and upgrade scripts using set up resources
- Model concepts
- EAV entity
- Load and Save
- Attributes management
- Common structure/architecture
- Form and Grid Widgets
- System configuration XML and configuration scope
- ACL (permissions)
- Enabling and configuring extensions